Martial Arts Blogs A Journey to Shodan: Stick it, don't flick it!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stick it, don't flick it!

I remember in elementary school our teacher used to make us write lines if we had done something wrong. I guess this was to get it into our little heads that what we had done should not be repeated. I think this technique must have worked for me, because I don't remember writing too many lines.

I tend to execute my Ushiro Geri too quickly and not finish the full technique before returning the kick. I've been told this a number of times but for some reason I still focus too much on the spinning technique and less on the kick itself - and as a result, I flick it when I should instead stick it.
So, hopefully this will get it into my head...

I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.
will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.  I will stick my Ushiro Geri.   I will stick my Ushiro Geri.

That ought to do it.
Crossing fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment